So I started blogging last fall which means this is my first ever Teacher Week '13 ! I am excited to share some info about - there's lots you don't know!
Here are the topics for this week:
AND TODAY IS...
1. Well some of you already know, I have a huge St. Bernard Bailey who has been through thick and thin with me for 7 1/2 years and he is still here! He is so sweet. He can be nervous and anxious but loveeesss the ladies! Almost any lady can come over and pet him and he will be in love! Sometimes he is suspicious of new men but he is usually fine after about 20 seconds. He loves to snuggle, is very lazy, is great with kids and babies... he was sick this summer and it broke my heart. He had stomach surgery and is on a bland diet now and much better!
Here are some shots of him this year:
So have you figured out his other favorite activity yet?
Enjoying the snow when he was younger (age 2).
2. I have played a whole bunch of musical instruments
-saxophone (alto and tenor)
I think I had a secret past life as a musician ! I played the sax in junior high and high school, the violin from 3rd to 5th grade and the other 3 I taught myself (I'd probably say I did the most with the tin whistle - I learned that and practiced for about 6-7 mo. but the harmonica maybe 3 mo. and the drums about 6-9 mo.)
3. Most of my best friends are teachers, except for my friend K from college and my cousin K(who is a cousin but I consider her a friend). My friends J, C, Pand another K are all teachers. J I met in college and the other 3 ladies taught with me or currently teach with me at my school. What a lucky lady I am to have such good friends!
4. I LOVE to organize and my dream is have all the time and money in the world to organize. I would spend tons of time here:
Its the mothership calling me home! I wish I had the time and the cash! Other Virgos may be able to identify with me!
5. I am a huge reader. I have read so many books in my life... One year I participated in the 50 Book Challenge where you had to read 50 books in one calendar year, I read 103. I do not have the time - I could never do it know but I recently read Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella, Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld, Tony's Danza's book about teaching in Philly, The Literacy Coach's Survival Guide by Cathy Toll and the final book in the Southern Vampire Mystery series (that inspired the show True Blood). If I looked around I could probably find at least 10 books in the house I still haven't read.
6. I love all kinds of music! Well, except for opera I guess. I did even go through a period where I liked metal. I have Metallica's Black album. And you could catch me watching Headbangers Ball back in the early 90s. Eesh I know!
This was my first concert:
At the Boston Common. What a voice!
My current favorite artists are:
Wilco: Saw them outdoors in 2009. Would love to see them again soon!
Drive By Truckers : Maybe my #1 ! I keep checking their website to see when they will have a show again in NE. Their lead singer's solo stuff is great - Patterson Hood. I also have heard Mike Cooley, the other lead singer's solo stuff and it's very good too.
Kings of Leon : Listening to lots of them lately. Here's a pretty recent pic. One or two cut their hair. They have a CD out in the fall and I just saw them in concert over the internet.
Miranda Lambert ! Nothing else to say!
Love her don't-mess-with-me music.
6. I spent 6 months living in Ireland during my junior year of college. Was a terrific experience. Many of my ancestors were from Ireland so it was nice to be there in particular.
7. My cousin and I are planning a girls' trip to Vegas in 2014.
8. I need 9 hours of sleep to feel good. As you can imagine, I don't feel too good too often!
9. I am a stickler for grammar. I was an editor for my high school and college newspapers and punctuation and spelling errors leap off the page at me! (of course I don't always catch them in my own work)
10. Speaking to large groups of teachers makes me really anxious! Large groups of any adults I guess.
Thanks for checking out my post today and check back tomorrow for the next one. Be sure to go over to Blog Hoppin' by clicking on the very first image in this post and you can see all the other folks who linked up!