What a terrific surprise over Thanksgiving found out that not one , but to people had nominated me for the Liebster Award! It is an award that goes to a new blogger with less than 200 followers! How cool! And a great way to get to see one new blogs and learn about other teachers! Thank you to Chrissy at Adventures in Second Grade and ina at Beach Sand and Lesson Plans for their nominations!
Here are the rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the nominated sent for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer thank 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot "tag back" the other blog but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you and see who you nominate.
11 Random Things about Me :
1. I own a 125 pound St. Bernard. He is actually very small for a Saint!
2. I once did the 50 Book Challenge and actually read just over 100 books during the year
3. I love to bake (and eat some of the batter)
4. Friends is my all time favorite tv show. In fact watching it now!
5. Almost every day I get a soy mocha from Starbucks
6. I am new to the blog worlds and Teachers Pay Teacher, this is only my 5th week
7. I would love to write a book myself someday
8. I was super shy as a child
9. I really like lepoard print
10.I do not not like to do laundry at all
11.This is my 12th year teaching second grade at the
Answers to Questions from Beach Sand and Lesson Plans:
1. What is your favorite subject to teach? Reading, especially since I just got my reading specialist degree
2. What movie could you watch over and over? The Notebook
3. Would you rather live in a place with a cold or warm climate? Warm, please
4. Do you have a favorite vacation spot? I loved Aruba but my dream is to go to Hawaii some day
5. Do you cook most nights or eat out? I don't know if it qualifies as "cooking" but most nights I stay in for dinner
6. What professional book have you read lately or do you have any that you couldn't live without? I don't know if it's a book, but I have gotten the most use out of an old Mailbox issue - back to school themed. I use it every year in the fall and some things all year!
7. What do you do for you that is fun? Reading for fun, and not school :)
8. Are you a dog or cat person? Dog - love cats but I'm so allergic
9. Are you a middle child, oldest, or baby of the family? Or are you an only child? I am oldest with a younger bro. I also have 5 stepsisters and 2 stepbrothers
10. How did you pick your blog name? 2 of my favorite things are reading and writing and I love being a redhead, so I combined them all
11. What is your favorite dessert? Brighams's Chocolate Ice Cream with chocolate jimmies
Answers to Questions from Adventures in Second Grade:
1. Do you go out on Black Friday? No way
2. Which do you prefer - Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Cyber Monday for sure
3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition? with my family
4. What is your favorite holiday to celebrate in your classroom? What do you do?
Valentine's Day. I write a poem with all of my students' names in it
5. What is your favorite unit to teach Love teaching reading, and in particular, anything related to animals
6. Why did you decide to start a blog? I love to write and got inspired to do and make a way to share what I have used and made with others
7. How do you use social media in your classroom? Not really yet...
8. What is your favorite book to use in your classroom? I love reading aloud Ramona the Pest
9. What is your favorite book for your own personal pleasure? The World According to Garp
10. What has been the most informative thing you have learned since blogging?
I think learning from other bloggers how to create much more interesting material for my class using power point
11. How do you celebrate New Year's Eve? different every year, but I prefer to relax with my boyfriend at home or family
Now my 11 Questions for the 11 Blogs I am Nominating:
1. you have any tattoos? How many? Of what?
2. What is your favorite childrens' book?
3. Do you have a favorite musical artist?
4. Do you have a favorite TV show?
5. Do you have a favorite holiday? What do you like about it?
6. Do you have any pets?
7. What is your favorite dessert?
8. If you hadn't been a teacher what would you have been?
9. What is your favorite non alcoholic drink?
10. If you had to go back in time to another decade/historical period for a week,
when would you choose?
11. What is something funny one of your students did or said?
Here are the 11 Blogs I Nominated:
1. Polka Dots and Teaching
2. Squyres' Special Class
3. Breezy Special Ed
4.Busy as a Honey Bee
5. Don't Let the Teacher Stay up Late
6. Trendy in Third
7. I Heart Literacy
8.Teaching and Tapas
9.Miss Math Dork
10.More Time to Teach
11. Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans